The NKEPC supports training for our first responders who are responsible for coordinating emergency response/relief/recovery efforts for natural and manmade disasters such as tornadoes, storms, earthquakes, hazardous material incidents, as well as acts of terrorism involving weapons of mass destruction.
By working cooperatively with state and federal agencies, local public safety departments and volunteer organizations, the NKEPC seeks to highlight training available in our service region.
The NKEPC encourages all of its members to complete the following FEMA Independent Study Courses:
- IS-5.A An Introduction to Hazardous Materials
- IS-100.b Introduction to Incident Command Systems (ICS-100)
- IS-200.b ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents (ICS-200)
The NKEPC also encourages all members to complete the Kentucky State Emergency Response Commission course “LEPC’s in Kentucky”.
- ERI Initial Attack Search Management – Harrison
- ManTracking (SAR Class) – Harrison
- NWS Regional Spotter Class – Boone
- New Director’s Training – Franklin
- G775 Class – Boone
- G191 Class – Boone
- Hazmat Cargo Tank Truck Class – Harrison
- Hazmat Ops – Boone
- Hazmat Awareness – Boone
- Basic Search & Rescue (BSAR) “Day Class” – Kenton
- Basic Search & Rescue (BSAR) – Carroll
- Swift Water Rescue – Pendleton
- Damage Assessment – Harrison
- LEPC’s in Kentucky Training Course – Grant
To view the Area 6 training, training announcements and for registration, click here.
New Training Announcements